EndNote online allows you to export your
references in one of several standard export styles to e-mail, save or print
for alternative use.
- From the Format tab, click the Export link.
- Select the references to export, such as the quick list or a personal group,
from the References drop-down list box.
- Select the Export style from the Export Style drop-down
- Click the Save, E-mail, or Preview
& Print buttons.
- A file using the Save option – a standard ‘File Download’
window will appear allowing you to open the file or save to disk. If saving
to disk, a standard 'Save to' window will open so that you can browse to the
folder location and name the file.
- An e-mail using the Email option – an ‘e-mail’
window will appear allowing you to enter the e-mail addresses of those to
receive the e-mail, a subject, and a message.
- A printed list using the Preview & Print option – a ‘Preview
& Print’ window will appear allowing you to print to a local or
To create a quick list:
- Click the check box to the left of a record. Check the Check Page
checkbox to check all references on a page or Check All to
check all references in a group or list view.
- Click the Copy To Quick List button.
- Repeat steps 1-2 if you are selecting references from different pages and
groups until your Quick List is complete. A warning message will display in
your browser if you have exceeded your export data limit.
References copied to the Quick List remain during your
active session in EndNote online. Once you log out of your library or
your session expires, the quick list is cleared.
Looking to create a quick formatted bibliography or reading list?
Go to Creating a Bibliography for more information.
How do I export references to a Thomson Reuters research software
There are a variety of ways to transfer references to
EndNote desktop, Reference Manager, and Procite. Go to Exporting
References to Thomson Reuters Research Software Products for more
Can I export file attachments?
No. File and figure attachments cannot be exported.
Depending on the file format selected when exporting
by e-mail, the preview may not appear as expected. This only affects the preview,
not the file's data format.