|To add a new reference:
- From the Collect tab, click the New Reference link.
- Change the reference type by selecting the appropriate type from the
Reference Type drop-down list box (see Reference Types for more information).
The page will redisplay with the appropriate fields for that reference
- Enter the bibliographic data in each of the fields in the reference.
Reference fields most commonly
required for a properly formatted citation and bibliography are in the
Bibliographic fields section.
- With the Group section expanded, check the checkboxes next to the groups to add the reference to those groups.
You can manually embed a YouTube video in a reference by following these steps:
- Save "Embedded Video" (case sensitive) in the 'Contents' field
for Audiovisual Material reference type.
- Save "YouTube" (case sensitive) in the Database Provider field
- Save the video's URL in the URL field, which should include "v=VIDEOID"
in the path.
Note: This feature is primarily for the audiovisual material reference type
but some other reference types will support embedded video. If the reference
type has a field labeled Contents, Original Publication, or History, you can
embed a video using these steps.
Building Your Library
You can save up to 10,000 references to your library
using Capture, Online
Search, Import, as well as entering them
in manually in your library.
How do I enter author
- By default, Optional Fields, including abstract, are collapsed from view.
For references that you enter or edit in EndNote online, the following formatting options are available: bold, italics, underscore, superscript and subscript.