| To edit a reference:
- Click the reference's Title link from any list view.
- Click in the field you wish to edit.
- To save the edit, click or tab outside that field. You can revert your change by clicking the Revert Reference button.
- Repeat for each field you would like to edit.
- To save or edit the reference's group associations, update the checkboxes next to the existing groups or add a new one.
Note: References that have not been saved to a group
are stored in Unfiled. Unchecking all groups will move a reference to
If you are uncertain where to find a reference,
try Quick Search using any keyword (for example,
author’s last name, topic or year) the reference may contain.
- By default, Optional Fields, including abstract, are collapsed from view.
- Use Hide Empty Fields to collapse empty fields from view.
For references that you enter or edit in EndNote online, the following formatting options are available: bold, italics, underscore, superscript and subscript.