You can use the Edit Citation(s) tool to add or exclude information in
the citation after the citation has been inserted, add or delete a citation, or change the order of citations
in a group.
- In your Microsoft®
Word document, highlight the citation to edit.
- Click the Edit Citation(s) button in the EndNote
- In the Citation list at the top, click Edit Reference next to a reference in order to remove, insert or update it. Use the up and down arrows to change the order of display.
- The following options are available
under the Edit Citation tab:
- Exclude author – Removes the author’s
name in the selected citation
- Exclude year – Removes the
year in the citation in the selected citation
- Prefix – Adds the prefix entered in the
Prefix field to the citation
- Suffix – Adds the suffix entered in the
Suffix field to the citation
- Pages – Adds the page numbers in the
If a Citation Sort Order
is applied by the current output style, using this dialog to change
the order of citations in a multiple citation has no effect.
Documentation Version 3.8.1
This help page last modified 02/18/2014
© 2021 Clarivate Analytics