To download and install the Cite While You WriteTM
plug-in to use with Word or Internet Explorer toolbar for Windows:
- Log in to the local machine with administrative rights or as a user
with program installation privileges.
- If an older version of the plug-in is installed, follow the uninstall
- Close all open windows of Microsoft®
Word® and Outlook®.
- Making sure you are logged into the EndNote Web site in a Web browser, click the
Download Installers link at the bottom of any page.
- Click the Download Windows link to save the EndNoteWeb.exe
installer to your computer.
- Click the Run button, or Open depending on your browser,
when prompted in the 'Download Complete' window. This will launch the
- If prompted to confirm the publisher, select Run.
- If prompted, select whether or not you would like EndNote Web to import
direct export files from data provider web sites. Do not select EndNote
Web if you wish to continue exporting references directly to EndNote,
Reference Manager, or ProCite.
- Continue with the installation.
- On the Set Server screen, select the type of EndNote Web server account
you will be using.
To verify the installation of Cite While You Write, open Word and
look for the Cite While You Write toolbar.
To verify the installation of the Internet Explorer toolbar, open
Internet Explorer and look for the EndNote Web toolbar. If it is not
visible, select the View menu, Toolbars and check EndNote Web.
- Default - Select default if you are accessing EndNote Web through
www.myendnoteweb.com or myendnoteweb.com.
- Advanced - If you are accessing some other EndNote Web server location
where the EndNote Web homepage address does not match the subscription
address above, select this server option.
Uninstall your older version of EndNote Web by going to Start >
Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs or Programs/Uninstall a program.
- If you have EndNote X and later with the latest update installed,
you do not need to install this plug-in to use Cite While You Write.
- If you are using Cite While You Write for the first time, you will need to configure
your login information. See Cite While You Write Preferences.
- If I install the plug-in, do I need to use Internet Explorer? No,
you can use Cite While You Write without using Internet Explorer.